If you have landed on this page in quest of finding the best AV receiver under $500 in 2019, then you are at the right place.
Most of us believe that AC receivers are very expensive. Well, it is true to a large extent. But it does not mean that you can’t buy an AV receiver with a few bucks in your pockets. The top-notch AV receivers with killer features don’t come cheap at all.
In the beginning, maybe most of the features don’t worth your money as there is no point in paying for the features you don’t need. You can still get a fantastic AV receiver that does not create a hole in your pocket.
|Model||HDMI In / Out||Power||Dolby Atmos||Price|
|1||Yamaha RX-V683BL||6 / 1||≤0.1 W||5.2.2||$330|
|2||Onkyo TX-NR575||4 / 1||135W/Ch||5.2.2||$379|
|3||Sony STR-DH790||4 / 1||145 W/Ch||5.2.2||$298|
|4||Yamaha RX-V485BL||4 / 1||80 W/Ch||None||$400|
|5||Onkyo TX-NR787||7 / 1||220 W/Ch||5.2.4||$479|
|6||Sony STRDN1080||6 / 2||165W/Ch||5.1||$448|
|7||Marantz NR1608||8 / 1||50W/ Ch||5.1||$409|
|8||Onkyo TX-RZ810||8 / 2||130W/Ch||5.1.2||$490|
|9||Denon AVRX1500||6 / 1||80W/Ch||5.1.2||$299|
So for you guys, we are here with our top 10 picks of best AV receiver under $500. Let’s get started.
1. Yamaha RX-V683BL
The Yamaha RX-V683BL is the best AV receiver under $500 that permits interfacing seven speakers and two subs. It accompanies its branded YPAO auto-alignment framework. It’s smarter to pick top-notch segments of the home theater framework to give minor redresses after the underlying arrangement. This AVR has a clear and well-ordered On-Screen menu to interface DSP modes to input sources effectively. The AVR features a few modes, including a 7-channel sound system and Surround Decoder to help Neural: X or Neo: 6 Cinema designs with a solitary press of a catch. So if you want that transmitting natural sound is required, you do not have to worry because this receiver has Straight mode.
The unit has five HDMI ports. It may be snared to a TV using an ARC HDMI association. However, if a TV needs RCA, it’s conceivable to utilize the optical link. Circular segment association can glitch (TV sound quiets every so often or the AVR can’t understand power commands) while at the same time making settings the first run-through, however, everything blurs away to the extent the framework works. The AVR is created for being a part of the home theater, yet it works out not all that great when managing sound.
- Clear electronic parts to align it effectively.
- It can be balanced using an Android application on the cell phone/tablet.
- It works with Alexa that permits turning the receiver on/off, changing HDMI inputs and cranking the volume here and there using voice control.
- No full printed variant of manual.
- It needs a turned outlet on the backboard.
2. Onkyo TX-NR575
This gadget can turn into the best receiver under $500 because of its capacity to make a 7.2-channel framework. Also, it has a decent output intensity of 135W per channel. It also has a consonant twisting proportion of 1%. Such qualities permit its Dolby Atmos and DTS: X decoders. These will create three-dimensional sound even inside a 5.2.2-channel arrangement.
Want more? The Onkyo receiver has much more to offer. Let’s find out.
The AVR has a strong structure with the committed source catches on its front board. It accompanies six HDMI ports on its backboard that features go through of the most recent 4K standards, HDR10, and Dolby Vision. It’s conceivable to deal with all the unit’s multi-room and system capacities through remote control and easy to understand Full-HD on-screen menu. In any case, for this reason, one can download the branded Onkyo Remote application for cell phones. Or then again use the Onkyo Controller application to change the volume, input, and even turn the unit on and off from the other room.
The unit still needs CEC, that is the reason it’s important to turn off the PS4, for instance, each time the receiver is gone on to sit in front of the TV, regardless of whether the receiver begins with link/sat input on.
- It’s conceivable to sit in front of the TV without sound in Zone 1 while tuning in to music from an advanced or simple source.
- Gives clean sound both simple and especially computerized inputs.
- Amazing enough to orchestrate a 5.0-channel arrangement.
- It works just with a current of 110V and requires a converter to be perfect with the 220V outlet.
- The pre-outs are not installed.
- Sets aside a lot of effort to make every one of the associations and expel every one of the lines.
3. Sony STR-DH790
We would not say that it is the best home theater receiver under $500 you will find on Amazon or offline. But the truth is that it is rather a decent section level model for a fundamental arrangement. It’s created to orchestrate either 5.2 or 7.2-channel framework. One can empower this capacity on the TV to get it to work.
The unit bolsters Dolby Atmos to make encompass sound condition. The unit permits HDR to go through for all gadgets, including Xbox One X and other consoles. For this reason, for existing, it’s important to make the correct setting on the receiver and to utilize at least HDMI 2.0 links. Be that as it may, note that it can’t be snared to the obsolete Xbox 360 or a Nintendo Wii by any means. Remember that this model has banana plug-good speaker connectors for each speaker association, simply the front speakers. This AVR comes without segment inputs that make it difficult to utilize old Xbox 360 or a Nintendo Wii.
The receiver gives clear and amazing sound, in any case, to accomplish the best outcomes, it’s smarter to pick Stereo, Direct or Pure Direct mode rather than All Channel Stereo. Also, to make a fabulous sound field, it may need to raise the roof speakers’ volume. At the point when all settings are done, the AVR produces rich sound to add warmth to melodic material and gives immaculate bass administration.
- Manual alignment can work admirably with the sound’s tones regardless of whether utilizing undemanding speakers.
- Show great adjust with the TV aRK.
- On-screen prompts are straightforward and succinct.
- The auto-alignment can’t give a great sound that necessary manual alterations.
- No HDMI CEC that makes it difficult to interface gadgets to connect with AVR’s auto turning on/off.
- No chance to mastermind the subsequent zone.
4. Yamaha RX-V485BL
This receiver has a direct plan that is regular at the receivers inside this cost range. It’s still somewhat massive however recognizably shorter than other models. A power catch and an earphone jack are on the left of the front board.
In its focal point, there are
- The controls to modify the radio settings
- Switch between inputs, programming, and so on
- An aux port and a USB port
- The volume dial is on the right
When all is said in done, it’s incredible that this current AVR’s structure gives direct alternate routes to the most regularly utilized inputs without turning the dial back and forward. The receiver is mostly made of plastic and has brushed metal beneath. This receiver accompanies Cinema DSP 3D programming to convey the acoustics of various show lobbies and to copy stature and encompass speakers in a 5.1 framework.
This model has numerous odds to turn into the best AV receiver under $500 because it creates uproarious and rich sounds without critical contortion even at high volumes. The upper frequencies may appear to be somewhat constrained, however, they couldn’t be better considering the AVR’s cost. The unit has four HDMI inputs and one HDMI output on its backboard. This implies on account of purchasing another gaming console, it will be important to burn through cash on extra HDMI switch.
- Supports Amazon’s Alexa to control the receiver’s volume.
- Incorporates a lot of sound preparing choices and enables a remote association with back speakers.
- Set up procedure takes close to thirty minutes.
- It doesn’t bolster Google Cast that makes it difficult to send diversion and applications from the Android telephone or tablet to the TV or speakers.
- Bluetooth earphones can’t be associated with the receiver.
5. Onkyo TX-NR787
When thinking about the best sound receiver under $500, remember the Onkyo TX-NR787 that can convey 100W of capacity to every one of 9 channels. Such parameters are very enough for the home theater framework subject to proficient speakers in a medium-sized room. While attaching speakers to the AVR, you have to screen the right extremity. The backboard features terminals for both stripped wire and banana plug associations that pause for a moment to plug/unplug the receiver. This model has easy to use onscreen GUI that makes navigation a breeze, however, it is hard to peruse literary data.
The AVR accompanies the AccuEQ Advance adjustment framework. It permits utilizing upward-terminating tallness speakers and making them creating clear solid since it can make up for the separation that speakers need to convey a sound sign to a receiver. The auto-alignment through AccuEQ Advance helps support the high frequencies and meager.
This unit has AirPlay and Chromecast and they function admirably when spilling music from cell phones. Moreover, Chromecast bolsters video spilling. As a rule, the Onkyo TX-NR787’s presentation has no genuine imperfections. The sound is clear and nitty-gritty, rich and ground-breaking. Its highs are too brilliant now and then however just top of the line models can make them flawless.
- Its impedance permits interfacing 4, 6, and 8-ohms speakers.
- It’s anything but difficult to utilize the on-screen menu to make modifications. Also, it notifies you of any issues in a flash.
- Supports 4K when interfacing with Xbox One X – the image is precise and splendid.
- It doesn’t interface with any Apple item using the USB.
- Needs preamp outputs that make it difficult to include a different 2-channel amp.
- Discrete sub outs are missing, that is the reason both associated subs get a similar sign.
6. Sony STRDN1080
For the individuals who, like us, are excited about all devices being associated and cooperating – a receiver with Google Home is straight up your road. We have seen that the DCAC EX alignment has been improved.
- It’s Sony’s first receiver to completely utilize DTS: X that is perfect with the most up to date organizes, so no stresses that something won’t be balanced.
- It has the second Wi-Fi radio wire, presently it’s conceivable to associate double band Wi-Fi for Airplay, DLNA, and Chromecast.
- Four out of six HDMI associations respond to the remote.
- The UI is too moderate; it takes five seconds to get a Home screen in the wake of squeezing the catch.
7. Marantz NR1608
The underlying Audyssey speaker level arrangement works incredibly; the Wi-Fi firmware update goes superbly. Notwithstanding, Alexa has blemishes; essentially, it doesn’t make a difference that how we have attempted. We are concerned uniquely about the HDMI CEC that chips away at the shutdown yet not on the startup. The NR1608 is a legitimate AV performer with an appealing structure factor. It can dazzle with activity motion pictures and has an inherent stereophony that likewise offers decent High-Res sound. 5.1.2 Atmos is increasingly viable in littler listening zones.
- A Harmony remote performs consistently and effectively; on the off chance that you take a satellite TV remote, it interfaces with outer speakers through the link box and TV.
- It is an element of the HDMI/ARC input/output on my TV that works immaculately, killing the TV on one of the remotes switches off the intensity of this receiver.
- The model comes up short on a second HDMI output. I might want to connect it to some remote earphones. I send normal simple L/R sound to my earphones since it just has that auxiliary observing output choice.
- If you utilize a segment input, you are constrained to the low definition input for HDMI output. The video scale without a doubt can bolster approaching segment out to HDMI, and it must be HDCP-agreeable.
8. Onkyo TX-RZ810
It is accepted that the primary advantage of this receiver is that it associates rapidly and effectively to both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and the Chromecast capacities without slacks. Additionally, it utilizes the Onkyo Controller App on my cell phone to watch out for it. Numerous angles, (for example, zone controls) are snappier and simpler to perform through the application. We likewise revere the Apple AirPlay for playing music legitimately from our iPhone, which saves time.
- The alternative to interface Wi-Fi and Pandora when the TV doesn’t work
- It happens that the immediate input with no adjustment catch doesn’t work with the phono input, and there is no sense of how to fix it.
9. Denon AVRX1500
It is the best home theater receiver under $500 deciding by its presentation with my LG Oled 55″ TV through ARC HDMI. I’m accustomed to associating a TV and a projector in one room and play a distinctive substance on a subsequent zone screen because of three HDMI outputs. The sound is fresh and clean as you hope to have in increasingly expensive models. Furthermore, it doesn’t have any voice inactivity or slacking issues.
- AVR-X1500 improves the nature of poor video goals from any simple or advanced source to 4K.
- It can be snared to Alexa and the HEOS application can be used directly, which will save time.
- The remote control is made out of modest and shaky material; it could look all the more adequately at such a cost.
10. Marantz M-CR611
The arrangement procedure is extremely snappy; the M-CR611 model has the frontal board show that assists with this, and with navigating around the different inputs and perusing music libraries.
The most significant – the sound is clear and well-characterized. No piece of the recurrence range feels too conspicuous or disregarded. The M-CR611 offers you your favorite audio tracks wirelessly via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The dual diversity antenna system ensures stable streaming. The Bluetooth function includes NFC pairing by simply touching your device to the “N” logo on the side panel, and the M-CR611 also features quick and easy push-button Wi-Fi Protected Setup and simple iOS Wi-Fi sharing.
- A fast download of the new Marantz Hi-Fi Remote application for iOS (it is additionally available for Android) offers me all that data on my telephone
- Some people have tried the FM radio. After trying to physically unplug the power line to recapture control of the Internet radio source. It solidified as often as possible and could be settled distinctly with manual control.
Hopefully, a few great choices have been highlighted if you are looking for the best AV receiver under $500. These days you can still take advantage of many of the newer technologies that are present in modern AV receivers. Not only that, but you can still get a high-quality device that will stand you in good stead for a few years to come. That is until they think of the next new thing to tempt us with!